Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Anyone looking for a great PBL site for World History?

In my search to find meaningful resources for my students as well as trying to find resources that fit within the context of my school and district's mission of a digitally based curriculum I came across a great site that I wanted to let people know about. If you haven't heard of "The Big History Project" and you teach world history, you need to check it out! First of all the site is FREE to educators. Also you can set up classes to allow your students access to the wealth of resources the site contains. If you don't want to set up a class you can also download the materials and use them anyway you want to.

The reason I have found it to be useful is the Project Based Learning portion of the site. They have some great ideas to engage students as well as empower them to think critically about humanity and how humans have developed over time. While I believe the best part about the Big History Project is this project based learning component, they have many other great resources that would be helpful to any World History classroom.

Something else that is a great incentive to join is the ability to add content to the site as well as connecting with other educators. While I am still learning and trying to find better ways to prepare my students for their futures I also want to share what I find to help others as well as collaborate with anyone who is willing to listen and share.

If you have found some great sites to help students be empowered in their education please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment